- Technical Services
- Rexburg, ID, USA
- Part Time
This position is part-time and is responsible for providing customer support by supervising and/or performing tests according to procedure on raw materials, production supplies, work in progress and finished products. In addition, the position is responsible for evaluating and reporting test results against product specifications in a timely and professional manner and releasing or rejecting product based on those evaluations. Hours are flexible except when scheduled to fill in for abscense coverage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Safety'Promote safety through personal conduct, active participation in safety programs, and by maintaining safe and efficient working conditions and environment.
2. Customer Satisfaction'Perform complete and accurate tests on customer samples and according to test procedures. Accurately report results in a timely manner, and maintain accurate and meaningful record files according to GLP guidelines.
3. Equipment Maintenance'Properly maintain laboratory equipment by auditing equipment performance and conducting preventative maintenance routines. Troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance tasks on complex analytical equipment.
4. Data Management'Demonstrate data integrity through participation in laboratory performance evaluation programs. Effectively use databases for data storage, retrieval, and report generation.
5. Team Participation'Promote morale among co-workers by sharing experience and knowledge, participating in company/departmental functions, and demonstrating the Basic Principles and a "lead by example" attitude towards all co-workers. Must be willing to change crews as necessary.
6. Personal Development'Participate in on-going personal development activities through formal and/informal training opportunities.
Must maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity while embodying the tenets of "What We Stand For" and "The Basic Principles."
Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data, which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision making.
All employees are responsible for upholding the principles of SQF. All employees are responsible for immediately reporting any food safety, food quality, or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies. Regularly complete behavior based safety observations. Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences and vacancies.
Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma/General Education Degree and one to two years related experience and/or training.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, averages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Working knowledge of internet software, spreadsheet software, word processing software, and email.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.