- Research and Development
- Blackfoot, ID, USA
- Full Time
As a member of the Technology Team the Project/PMO Manager will manage the Portfolio Management Office (PMO), and lead the development and improvement of project management competencies for the organization. Responsibilities include ensuring alignment of the project portfolio with the organization's long term growth plan and managing all aspects of the C2C process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Portfolio Management Office (PMO): Overall responsibility to support a balanced and robust portfolio of projects. Use independent judgment to monitor the portfolio and make recommendations to ensure its alignment with True North strategy, and that it can deliver against the Long Term BAF Growth plan (LTP). Maintain project documentation and information required for adequate decision making regarding the portfolio. Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate meetings with the PMO team.
- Project Management: Lead the development and improvement of project management competencies for the organization. Establish a consistent framework for the management of projects by defining methodologies, best practices, and guidelines. Educate the organization and enhance the capabilities of project managers by providing mentoring, training, and coaching. Serve as the project manager on projects as required.
- Concept to Consumer (C2C): Manage all aspects of the C2C process and ensure compliance. Facilitate the process of project prioritization, approval, and kick-off. Track project progress and collaborate with teams to ensure project deliverables and milestones are achieved. Continuously improve the process by holding reviews and meetings as necessary, and then implementing improvements. Serve as the owner for all tools, software, and websites associated with the C2C process. Actively maintain a project archive and ensure knowledge management.
- Communication and Tracking: Develop and maintain tools to proactively communicate the status of the overall project portfolio, ensuring stakeholders have clear visibility of project status and resource management. Work collaboratively across the organization to develop relationships with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Executive Leadership, Innovation, and the Supply Chain team. Facilitate collaboration and alignment between these different groups.
Must maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity while embodying the tenets of "What We Stand For" and "The Basic Principles."
Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision making.
Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies. Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
All employees are responsible for upholding the principles of SQF 2000.
All employees are responsible for immediately reporting any food safety, food quality or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
Other duties may be assigned.
This position will supervise up to 3 direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Project Management, Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university; and at least 10 years of related experience and/or training. Project management and portfolio management experience in a food manufacturing environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Individual must also have knowledge of project management and database software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A certificate from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is preferable.
Other Skills and Abilities
- A strong background and experience with lean principles is preferred, but not required.
- Resourceful - knows how to quickly and economically find solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid track record of project management with excellent results.
- Confident and effective at communicating with all levels of an organization in an honest, open and constructive fashion.
- Can effectively manage multiple projects at once.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Strong bias for action.
- Superior communication (written/verbal) presentation and facilitation skills.
- Familiarity with Foodservice and Retail products preferred, but not required.
- Willing to take realistic personal and business risks.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Leadership skills.
Travel up to 50% of the time, with concentration of travel predicated on project load.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; talk or hear; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. No specific vision abilities required by this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!