- Information Technology
- Blackfoot, ID, USA
- Full Time
A comprehensive list of benefits offered.
Summary: Manage the enterprise network including Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Networks (LAN's). Manage telecommunications for the enterprise. Manage Plant client and server infrastructure and personnel responsible for managing these technologies. Act as an IT advocate by collaborating with business units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage IT network and infrastructure projects that meet the priorities of the business. Develop and manage project plans and integrate the needs of the business. Coordinate planning, design and installation of technology infrastructure and services where appropriate. Work with Information Technology team during design phase of projects to establish functional requirements and maximize cost effectiveness. Provide full documentation on all infrastructure and processes. Successfully implement projects on time, within budget and without impacting the day to day functions of the business. Self-direct and manage time effectively.
2. Network and Infrastructure
• Accountable for ensuring all projects requiring IT resources use solutions that are cost effective, efficient, and aligned with enterprise-wide architecture and standards. Participate in development of project schedules by identifying network-related activities and time frames. Responsible for reporting status of those activities on an on-going basis.
• Troubleshoot, monitor and optimize network hardware and software, including communication between clients, servers and cloud. Use appropriate tools and resources to resolve complex IT challenges.
• Ensure infrastructure security by implementing and monitoring appropriate tools and processes associated with network security. Monitor current trends and educate team on best security practices. Evaluate new projects in terms of security and risk. Conduct security assessments and evaluate results and report to management.
• Maintain business critical infrastructure 247 and make improvements to existing configuration and processes. Integrate and test contingencies for continued connectivity in case of failures and outages where possible. Implement technologies for high availability through infrastructure redundancy.
• Assist with telecommunication contracts including hardware, software, voice, data, telephone switches, and voicemail. Provide on-going network metrics to ensure growth is acceptable and bandwidth is available to meet the requirements of the business.
• Provide strategic direction regarding architectures and technologies to both Information Technology and the business units. Facilitate a standards-based approach for delivering technology solutions
• Support and coordinate resources for the processes and services in the areas of project leadership, management, troubleshooting, consulting, enhancements, systems analysis, and new applications as designated.
• Ensure business recovery plans for our infrastructure are current and require a minimal amount of downtime for the users.
• Responsible for providing training recommendations for team members. Provide timely constructive feedback as needed, as well as providing feedback on team and individual performance. Provide ongoing selection, and ongoing development and training of the team.
• Work with the Infrastructure team to manage the ongoing security and business recovery requirements including periodic review and testing.
The individual must also demonstrate an understanding of WAN (Metro Ethernet), LAN, Wireless networks, client and server infrastructure, networking hardware including Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and VPN.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Must maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity while embodying the tenets of "What We Stand For" and "The Basic Principles."
Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision making.
All employees are responsible for upholding the principles of SQF 2000.
All employees are responsible for immediately reporting any food safety, food quality or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
Directly supervises employees in the Information Technology Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university and minimum of 7 years related experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer skills necessary to support the business as well as a general understanding of MS Project, Active Directory, VMWare, Sharepoint and Cloud Computing. Basic understanding of client hardware and software including Microsoft's desktop applications and FEP. Basic understanding of server infrastructure is also required.
Must be able to travel 25% of the time.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!