- ID, USA
- Full Time
This position is accountable for planning and coordinating all production needs from raw material receiving through in-feed to production and finally to packaging finished product. This includes scheduling raw material, planning shutdowns and meeting the production plan and budget. This position will maximize plant capacity while optimizing the use of all resources including capital to meet plant objectives and goals.
- Cost of Operations. Ensures efficient and effective resource use at the lowest cost for adherence to production schedule and exception management. Ensures accurate and organized process documentation in procedures, paperwork and computer business systems. Participates in the development of strategic plans and improvements for the Idaho Campus. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring proper staffing, maintaining budgeted line rates, preventing out of specification production, managing raw material changes, staging materials and/or ingredients, add back of out of specification product, and HOLD product disposition. Assists in the following areas:
- Development of process budgets and cost estimates for new products and line extensions.
- Prepares and presents annual process review documents.
- Works with Maintenance in the planning and implementation of an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Supports the formulation of the capital project plan, including project development and justification.
- Employee Development. Ensures the ongoing coaching, development and training of team members and provides for an effective, productive work environment. Develops Team Leader and Shift Manager knowledge of the processes. Communicates effectively between shifts and functional areas, including contact with Division and Corporate personnel. Participates in shift change meetings. Uses enabling technologies (e.g. E-mail, voice mail) and written notes to facilitate communication. Facilitates communication between the Operations and Maintenance departments. This includes developing open communications and teamwork between operations and maintenance employees. Be well versed in Agilisys and Operations Reporting and have the ability to access on a daily basis to input and extract pertinent information and correct errors. Be able to assist Operators with their data input.
- Customer Satisfaction. Supervises product quality by adherence to product and packaging specifications, GMPS SQF Codes, FM prevention, inline routine sanitation, and area sanitation and tool inspection. Participates in customer contacts via customer complaint responses.
- Employee Safety. Supervises safety performance by using SAFE principles, attends regular safety meetings and assists in development of safety meeting topics. Assists in safety inspections and ensures orderliness of work areas.
- Environmental, Waste Reduction. Helps maintain smooth relationship with potato solid waste customers (Currently WECO). Minimizes the wastes generated by processing and assists with recycle were possible.
- Community Support. Participates in community improvement and encourages staff to do so.
Must maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity while embodying the tenets of "What We Stand For" and "The Basic Principles."
Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data, which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision making.
Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies. Regularly complete behavior based safety observations. Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
All employees are responsible for upholding the principles of SQF 2000.
All employees are responsible for immediately reporting any food safety, food quality, or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Hyperion Planning Accounting software; Internet software; ERP system Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Employee may be required to travel within the campus and occasionally by airplane.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!