- Raw Procurement
- Rexburg, ID, USA
- Full Time
Full benefit package available
Raw Material Procurement Manager, Idaho
Responsible for the procurement of raw material to meet finish product volume and quality requirements for the State of Idaho production facilities. Oversee key tactical and strategic company raw material initiatives. Develop internal and external relationships that allow for collection and filtering of industry information. Manage and develop mechanisms to control a multi-faceted annual procurement budget for the State of Idaho.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
1. Assists the Director of Raw Material Sourcing in development and implementation of raw material procurement plans for Idaho. Understands the operational synergies in the plants affected by potato variety, specification requirements and equipment or processing limitations.
2. Assists the Director of Raw Material Sourcing in the negotiations and management of long-term and short-term supply contracts. Directly oversees the potato supply contracts to insure an adequate supply of high quality raw material, which meets the strategic objectives for raw material procurement. Directly manages the Rexburg potato supply base, which includes the responsibility of managing three potato storages.
3. Assist in developing the long-term and strategic planning for Idaho raw material procurement. Interfaces with other departments to ensure accurate costing models, overhead budgets, and volume projections.
4. Develops and maintains a strong and positive working relationship with the Idaho processing plants, finance, sales, marketing, planning, executive, and finished product customers.
5. Develop, cultivate, and maintains business relationships with current and future suppliers and other industry organizations
6. Directly oversees the management of the raw material for the Rexburg Idaho processing facility.
Supervisory: In the role of Raw Material Manager, the incumbent will not have direct reports. This position will need to be able to assume the supervision of employees in the Raw Material Procurement function and be able to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Leadership experience is a plus in this position.
Education and/or Experience: BS/BA in Business or Agribusiness or equivalent. Master's Degree preferred Seven (7) to nine (9) years of experience in the potato industry with purchasing, raw material inventory management, contract negotiations, and supplier relations. Three (3) to five (5) years of experience managing potato storages. Solid understanding of generally accepted procurement principles and procedures, of the purchasing policies and conditions of federal, state and local revenue sources and of computer applications to purchasing and materials management systems.
Language Skills: Good communication skills, both oral and written are required. Ability to read, comprehend, and compose simple to complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information verbally in one-on-one to large group (20+) situations at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
Reasoning Ability: Analytical and planning skills are needed to assimilate data and to convert the data to meaningful analysis for management action. Ability to creatively apply experience and common sense to a variety of situations, processes and people. Ability to make technical decisions and support other teams members on technical issues. Ability to manage several projects concurrently. Ability to recognize areas for improvement and motivate the organization to take action to correct problems.
Computer Skills: Strong computer skills for effective use of planning software tools, MS Office suite.
Physical Demands: May include but are not limited to pre-harvest yield sampling, examining and sampling potatoes in storage for future purchase consideration, and fresh shed inspections. Individual must be capable of carrying up to 25lbs while traveling. This position may require occasional travel.
Work Environment: The work environment is a mix of traditional office, and field work with exposure to heat, cold, and dust. Travel is primarily within a 75-mile radius of work location to plant locations and area potato suppliers, but may require travel to Washington, or Walnut Creek, CA on an irregular basis. Vacation time varies seasonally, with typically no vacation available during harvest period.