- Shelley, ID, USA
- Full Time
Full benefits package is available.
Provides supervision across functionalities to maintain safety standards (both personnel and food) while ensuring that the lines meet budgeted rates. Enforces all policies - maintains proper crewing levels and levels of training and is actively involved in employee development.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for both personnel safety as well as food safety. Actively involved in the SAFE process; coaches
employees on all aspects of performing their duties in the safest manner possible for both personnel safety and food safety. Conducts Employee Communication Meetings.
2. Oversees adherence to production and packaging schedules and distributes crewing. Works with other team members to reach budgeted line rates, to prevent out of specification production, oversee line maintenance, manage raw material changes, and when necessary, uses the hold process to prevent out of specification product from reaching the customer.
3. Responsible for coaching and developing team members. Facilitates team problem solving, decision making, fair and timely disciplinary action, and conflict resolution. Ensures performance appraisals and progress reports are done in a timely manner. Facilitates the communication between shifts and teams. Work with team leads to ensure that crew is properly cross trained and follows the principle of TWI.
4. Acts as on-shift representative for emergency response coordination, compliance to Company policies (drug/alcohol, attendance, EEO, etc.) Responds to personnel issues as needed, conducts thorough investigations and coordinates results/issues.
5. Responsible for meeting customer requirements through communication, documentation, training of team members, and adherence to sanitation guidelines and GMP's, including the HACCP program. Responsible, in part, for meeting requirements of various supplier certification programs and audits. Maintains plant cleanliness.
6. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the continuous improvement process by following Lean Manufacturing concepts and the Basic Principals. Strives to improve each work process. Identifies/implements value added and cost savings activities and projects.
Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision making.
Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies. Regularly complete behavior based safety observations. Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
All employees are responsible for upholding the principles of SQF 2000.
A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences and vacancies.
Other duties may be assigned.
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Resource systems; Adage, Ops Reporting Manufacturing software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The
employee is frequently required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee
must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!