- Rexburg, ID, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits Available
Do you have a passion for applying lean principles and leading others? Are you interested in making a difference? Do you desire to live in an area with small town charm, yet has the features of big city living and low cost of living?
Basic American Foods, a leader in dehydrated food production and the application of Lean in food processing, is looking for a highly motivated leader to join our team as a Plant Manager in our Rexburg, Idaho production facility.
This position is located near Idaho Falls, Idaho. Idaho Falls' overall housing expenses are a full 29.2% below the national average and cost of living 12% below average, Idaho Falls is ranked in the top 10 cities with the lowest cost of living. In fact, affordable housing is the single biggest contributor to the city's low cost of living. Offering low cost of living, the renowned Museum of Idaho, its own symphony, opera, chamber orchestra, community drama, performing arts groups, a zoo, professional minor league baseball, outdoor recreational opportunities, and excellent schools it is no wonder over 57,000 residents are proud to call Idaho Falls home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and oversight of continuous improvement efforts in the plant. This would include leading the plant leadership in setting continuous improvement goals, establishing project plans, measuring performance, and ongoing accountability. Eliminate waste through the application of Lean practices throughout the enterprise and reduce wasted motion through the proper design of the work environment.
- Oversees development of the plant budget (fixed and variable costs) and capital plan (infrastructure) to support the company business plan. Facilitate the efficient use of raw materials in the conversion to finished goods for our customers. Manages facility manufacturing organization through support of shift supervision on a day to day basis. Directs functional support groups as necessary to meet manufacturing objectives. Oversees development, implementation and sustainability of process improvements and enhancements to reduce costs.
- Monitors manufacturing and supporting processes to ensure products are delivered on time at the lowest total cost by conforming exactly to the customer's requirements. Provides appropriate customer support as requested.
- Directs plant safety programs. Ensures a safe working environment for all employees. Monitors safety performance and assures compliance with established policies, procedures and goals. Achieves high levels of product safety by compliance to all applicable Federal and State laws and statues, Company policies and customer requirements. Models the way with regard to performing safety observations on a regular basis.
- Establishes a working environment that allows employees every opportunity to reach their potential. Directs all related activities for Shift Superintendents and hourly employees including employee selection, appraisals and development plans, counseling and motivation, and compensation for direct reports. Ensures a proactive approach to training and developing employees is consistently followed.
- Oversees development, operation and enhancement of processes that protect the land, environment, and natural resources. Assures compliance with all applicable company policy, as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
Must maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity while embodying the tenets of "What We Stand For" and "The Basic Principles."
Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision making.
Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies. Regularly complete behavior based safety observations. Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
All employees are responsible for upholding the principles of SQF 2000.
A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences and vacancies
All employees are responsible for immediately reporting any food safety, food quality or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
Other duties may be assigned.
Supervises production/maintenance personnel and/or managers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree preferably in engineering and eight to ten years of experience with a minimum of four years leadership in a lean manufacturing environment. Food manufacturing experience preferred, but not required.
Ability to read, comprehend, and compose simple to complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information verbally in one-on-one to large group (20+) situations at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
Ability to creatively apply experience and common sense to a variety of situations, processes and people. Ability to make technical decisions and support others team members on technical issues. Ability to manage many projects concurrently. Ability to recognize areas for improvement and motivate others to take action to correct problems.
Strong computer skills for effective use of planning software tools and the Microsoft Office suite.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership abilities
- Solid background in Lean manufacturing
Must be able to travel within the BAF facilities and to outside customers and suppliers as requested. Travel at 10% to 25%, but may be higher for short periods.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly in a traditional office environment in a production facility. However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may also be near moving mechanical equipment and may be regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee may occasionally access high, precarious places and may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The noise level may be loud at times, requiring hearing protection. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!